Servings: 8 pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats, ground using a food processor (optional)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (about 1-1/4 to 1-1/3 cups)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk (cow, soy, or almond)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle to 250-300 degrees F. If using a skillet, set the burner to medium heat. Banana pancakes can burn easily so the cooking temperature should be slightly lower than what you use for other pancakes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a larger bowl, mix the bananas, egg, milk, and applesauce.
- Fold the flour mixture into the banana mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Ladle batter onto the griddle/skillet. When bubbles rise to the uncooked surface of the pancakes and break, flip the pancakes. Serve immediately.
Mixed Berry Syrup
Servings: approx. four ½ cup servings
1 ½ cup of mixed berries (frozen or fresh)
¾ cup sugar
1 ½ cup water
- If using frozen berries, quickly thaw them in the microwave
- Combine berries, water, and sugar
- Bring to a boil
- Simmer for up 15 min
- To thicken, simmer for up to 30min and cool in the fridge.